We are on our Winter opening schedule: 10am – 4pm. Last admissions: 3pm. Open 6 days a week – closed on Wednesdays.  Closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.

Standard tickets offer free re-entry for 12 months – except for some event days. Tickets must be signed and proof of id required.  
Adult £14.00
Children Under 4Free
Children 4 – 17 years£6.00
Family (2 adults, up to 3 children)£35.00
Family (1 adult, up to 3 children)£21.00
Student / Military Veterans (with id)£10.00
Group bookings of 10 or more – contact us 

Yes. Our e-ticketing system is the best way to buy tickets and plan your visit – but you can also pay on the day. Note: tickets are non-refundable but are valid for re-entry 12 months. Book online here.

Well behaved pooches on leads are welcome across the site, including the Cafe.

Yes we do! Café 77 serves a range of hot and cold food and drink. It’s based in the old Naafi building. More details here.

The majority of the Museum is accessible by wheelchair, except for the upper floor of the Control Tower, due to its steep staircase. Wheelchairs are available to borrow from Admissions. We have an Accessibility Statement.

As we are a charity, Gift Aid enables us to claim an extra 25% from the Government if you are a UK tax payer. It’s a huge help to us and costs you nothing at all. More information on Gift Aid here.


Blackburn Mercury Monoplane 1911 (Replica) AH (BAPC) 130 YAM Jan.1995

The Blackburn Mercury Monoplane is regarded as the first truly successful aircraft made by Blackburn at their factory in Leeds. The Mercury I, powered by a 50 hp Isaacson radial engine, was displayed at the Olympia Aero Show in March 1911 and made its debut flying from the beach at Filey with the newly formed Blackburn Flying School. In May 1911, it flew from Filey to Scarborough and back in 19 minutes at an average speed of 50 mph, reaching an altitude of 1200 feet.
This aircraft crashed the next day when the engine seized and the propeller flew off! The Mercury I was followed by two Mercury II aircraft powered by 50 hp Gnome engines, and six Mercury III aircraft, with a number of different engines. Sadly, a Renault powered Mercury crashed at Filey in December 1911, killing an instructor and passenger.
The Museum’s replica was built for Yorkshire Television in 1979 for the Edwardian drama series ‘Flambards’, and was taxied with a car engine. It came to YAM on 10th January 1995 and after a long period in storage it was painstakingly restored to a superb display standard, and was unveiled in June 2000 by Professor Robert Blackburn, grandson of Robert Blackburn, the aviation pioneer.

AVRO 504K ‘H1968’ (Replica) AH (BAPC) 42 YAM Oct. 1994

The Avro 504 first flew in 1913. In the opening phases of the First World War, it served with front-line squadrons in the Royal Flying Corps and Royal Naval Air Service for bombing and reconnaissance, but from 1915 onwards the aircraft entered the training role for which it is most celebrated.

Over 8,000 Avro 504s were built. In 1918, the Royal Air Force had about 3,000, of which 2,276 were trainers.

The Avro 504 was stationed at many Yorkshire airfields, including Tadcaster near the A1/A64 junction, where a period hangar can still be seen.

The Yorkshire Air Museum’s replica was built by apprentices at RAF Halton and appeared at the Royal Tournament in 1968 to commemorate what was then fifty years since the end of the First World War. The aircraft was refurbished in early 2015 to be transported to Thiepval, Northern France, for the Somme Centenary commemoration event, on request of the British Government. In May 2018, it was also displayed at the impressive Hotel Les Invalides in central Paris for a joint RAF / French Air Force event to mark the Centenary of the Royal Air Force and over 100 years of British and French Air Force collaboration.