A unique opportunity to experience the environment of a fast jet pilot.
- Climb aboard the Tornado GR4, sit in the pilot’s ejection seat and enjoy a guided tour of the systems aboard this RAF jet.
- See what it was like to fly this amazing, multi role jet and find out more about it’s capabilities first hand.
- Learn about the swing wing and how the pilot changed the wing position in flight.
- Our guides will explain the cockpit layout, the systems and what it was like to fly the Tornado when it was a front line, serving fast jet.
The Tornado Cockpit Experience is available on Tuesdays Thursdays and Fridays from 23rd July until 30th August.
For full details our Events Calendar shows everything that is happening this summer at the Museum.
Details for Access to the Tornado
- You must be physically fit to climb a small number of steps and lift your legs and full body weight into the cockpit of the Tornado
- Please wear trousers or shorts. Skirts and dresses may prevent or restrict access
- Please wear flat shoes with a good grip on them. Please note: we cannot allow the public access without appropriate footwear.
- You are more than welcome to take pictures once inside the cockpit of the Tornado – please come with a camera that can be zipped into a pocket or a camera with a strap.
- The Tornado cockpit is quite spacious, though there are some limits on access.
- If the museum feels that it is not safe or possible for you to access the Tornado cockpit, then we reserve the right to refuse access. Please refer to the terms and conditions displayed at the experience before purchasing your ticket.
- And finally, have fun! And don’t forget to tag us on social media with your Fighter Pilot selfies, we love seeing your pictures.
Tickets are £10 per person, payable on the day. It is not possible to book online or in advance.