We are delighted to be working with the Royal Air Force Youth and STEM team to once again create an RAF STEM event for Year 5 and Year 6 pupils.
This year’s STEM Days will take place over the 21st and 22nd of June here at the museum. The PDF download below gives full details of the schedule and also COVID precautions.
- STEMgineersHydraulics Challenge – Links to Curriculum topics: Science Forces, Energy, Structures, Properties of Materials.
- STEMbotics Challenge – Links to Curriculum Topics: Maths, coding, team work
- Aviation Trail – Links to Curriculum Topics: Transport, technological developments, warfare
The event is FREE of charge to participating schools and demand is sure to be high. To register your interest, use the form below
2021 COVID MEASURES:
- All activities will be taking place outdoors or within the large aircraft hangar with doors open, or our event marquee with sidewalls open.
- Sanitising stations will be widely available.
- We operate a one-way touring system around the museum.
- Layouts will be adjusted to allow physical distancing. STEM facilitators, museum staff, teachers and pupils will be required to wear masks. All equipment will be sanitised between workshops and we will discourage sharing of items.
- We will keep class group bubbles together.
- Each school will sign a risk assessment prior to their visit.
- We will stagger lunch breaks and movements around the site.