Assistant Catering Manager
Full-time permanent contract with a 6 month probation period.
Responsible to: Catering Manager
Responsible for: Catering staff
The Assistant Catering Manager will assist the Catering Manager in the day to day management and operation of the NAAFI restaurant which is a seasonal restaurant with up to 180 covers per day.
The Assistant Catering Manager role will include preparing and cooking food including using planned menus and agreed working practices to meet customer and business requirements. Supervise and train kitchen staff (under the guidance of the Catering Manager) to ensure that Health and Safety and other standards of hygiene and safety are met.
The candidate will be able to work with and manage an established team, be forward thinking and able to operate under pressure.
This position requires a flexible approach to working hours which will be for 5 days out of 7 days per week.
- Preparation of food for breakfast, lunch and afternoon teas for visitors and staff in the absence of the cook.
- To manage NAAFI staff in the absence of the Catering Manager.
- Daily cashing up in the absence of the Catering Manager.
- To act as Fire Warden and First Aider and ensure that Health and Safety legislation is
adhered to and also maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene.
- To be aware of and abide by the Museum’s Health and Safety procedures and associated
- To maintain regular contact with the Catering Manager.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by the Catering
Skills, Knowledge & Attributes:
Good verbal, written, numerical and communication skills; Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team; Full training for the role provided.
To apply for this position, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st May 2018.