The Beagle Terrier 2 was the name given to the modified Auster AOP (Air Observation Post) 6, after the Auster Aircraft Company was sold. It was powered by a Gipsy Major 7 engine. A total of 380 of these aircraft were built between 1946 and 1953.
After initial military service with 663 and 651 Army Co-operation Squadrons as a spotter aircraft for the Royal Artillery, the Museum’s aircraft was converted for civilian use as a Beagle Terrier, registration G-ASCD. Used mainly as a glider tug, it was later registered in the Netherlands as PH-SFT before returning to its original registration. Its flying career ended with a heavy landing at Nympsfield in 1971.
One of the earliest aircraft to be obtained by the Museum, it has been restored to Auster AOP 6 specifications.