Autumn 2019 Family Days Out at The Museum
We are open each day from 10:00am until 5:00pm. Enjoy free parking on site as you explore the museum. Full details of admission prices and family tickets at this link right here. And don't forget we're dog friendly!
The Grand VE Day Celebration Ball at the Museum
9th May 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm
As the end of war in Europe was declared on 8th of May 1945, Britain erupted into celebrations at the end of fighting in Europe. Street parties happened across the country as Prime Minister Winston Churchill famously declared:
“My dear friends, this is your hour!”
* Join us on the evening of 9th May 2020 for the biggest celebration to take place here at RAF Elvington since the end of World War Two.
* Be here a York’s historic original 1945 air base, home to Allied Squadrons who flew the mighty Halifax four engined bomber.
* Celebrate this anniversary of the beginning of peace in Europe as our majestic Canadian hangar is transformed into
a huge ballroom for the evening.
* Big band entertainment from Yorkshire’s leading Echo 42 and singing from The Seatones as we celebrate into the night and remember the peace in Europe that was delivered on this momentous day in 1945.
* Roll out your favourite period costume, whether it’s civilian or Allied and military, you will make the party complete with your own cool look.
*Celebratory drinks on arrival and buffet dinner throughout the evening
* Entrance to the VE Day Ball will be by advance ticket only, available to secure online here.
With the atmospheric and historic setting of our home here at Elvington plus the wonderful backdrop and location of our huge hangar, we are sure this will be the VE Day party to be at in 2020.