- This event has passed.
Spring Thunder Day – Buccaneer Anniversary
29th April 2018
Join us for a great Family Day Out in Yorkshire as we enjoy the 2018 Spring Thunder Day with a celebration of the first flight of the Blackburn Buccaneer, just a few miles away from the Museum at Brough. The 30th of April 1958 was the first flight of the Buccaneer which went on to serve in both the Royal Navy and Royal Air Force.
The Museum is incredibly fortunate to have no less than three Buccaneers, with the rare prototype XN974 maintained in full ground running order. All three of our Buccaneers will be on full display with a whole array of their capabilities for visitors to learn more about this versatile aircraft.
- Buccaneer XN975 Engine Runs Celebrating the first flight of the Buccaneer, our famous prototype trials aircraft will be demonstrating her wing folding, control surfaces and, of course, those mighty jet engines.
- SE5a and Eastchurch Kitten vintage biplane engine runs
- C47 Dakota Engine runs
- David Herriot of the Buccaneer Aircrew Association will be giving a talk entitled Buccaneer at 60
- DeHavilland Devon Engine runs
- Nimrod XV250 engine runs
- Victor XL231 engine runs
- Fire rescue demonstration by the Museum fire team
Special Events prices admission are £12 Adult, £10 Concession, £5 Child & £30 Family (2 Adults & 3 Children). Special event tickets make a wonderful gift for a great day out at the Museum.