The Yorkshire Air Museum makes a wonderfully unique and atmospheric corporate event hire facility close by the City of York. Our parkland location in the grounds of the original World War Two air base is easily reached by road and public transport facilities.
The Museum is housed in the grounds of the original RAF Elvington airfield, which was home to the only two French Air Force Squadrons to escape from occupied France in World War Two. The original, carefully restored wartime buildings make an atmospheric and spacious location for a wide variety of corporate events in York and the surrounding Yorkshire area while combining modern conference and communications facilities.
Our highly experienced team have years of experience working alongside businesses, live television broadcasters and other organisations to create exciting events at this historic venue. They have the ability to co-ordinate all of the elements needed to create a successful and memorable event, whether you are searching for a corporate venue, a film and TV location or are planning a special occasion.
What We Do
Just a twenty minute drive from York railway station, our location is served by all the main transport infrastructures with free and ample on site parking. High speed rail links give access to York from Kings Cross in less than two hours, while in addition to the neighbouring Elvington airfield, Leeds Bradford airport is 30 minutes drive. VIP coach and car transportation can be arranged to collect your guests.
- Ample free on site parking
- A combination of both large and small indoor and outdoor spaces
- In house staff, workshop, professional engineering equipment
- Wireless high speed broadband
- Wide range of infrastructure facilities
- Ease of access for set up crews and infrastructure
- Atmospheric night-time lighting
- In house Fire and Rescue Service and first aid
- Restaurant and catering facilitiesEasy aircraft and helicopter access through the Elvington Airfield, Jet A1 and 100LL aviation fuel available
The heart of the Museum, the NAAFI Restaurant and the Bar are perfect for evening functions, offering a combination of wartime ambience and modern facilities and comfort.
Find Out More
To discover how you can enjoy a great event tailored to your exact requirements, drop us a line using the contact form here or call Sandrine Bauchet direct on 01904 608595 for more information and to book a free visit.