Your support is fundamental to help us maintain the heritage of our historical site, care for our precious Collections and keep the memories of war veterans very much alive.
The Allied Air Forces Memorial and The Yorkshire Air Museum is a registered Charity with no financial aid from local or national government. Since opening as an independent museum in 1985, we have always been self-supporting and have sustained solely through the generosity of people who value our work and thanks to our staff who are for the most part volunteers.
- We are the only Allied Air Forces Memorial in Europe, honouring the memories and achievements of thousands of allied airmen and women.
- We care for and conserve hundreds of thousands of artefacts and items relating to aircraft and people who flew them.
- We are a ‘history of aviation’ museum: we preserve over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles with exhibits retracing the main stages of aviation developments.
- We operate live aircraft including multi-engined heavy jet bombers and military strike aircraft.
- Your support helps us carry out this work.
Ways of Helping
There are several ways in which you can support our Museum.
Make a Donation
- You can donate to The Yorkshire Air Museum online by clicking here. Don’t forget to gift-aid your donation to maximise it!
- You can set up a Standing Order, if you would like to support the Museum on a regular basis please contact the Museum Office on 01904 608595 to request a Standing Order form.
- You can donate by cheque. Cheques payable to Yorkshire Air Museum may be sent to:
The Allied Air Forces Memorial and Yorkshire Air Museum ,
You can also make a donation during your visit at the Museum, at the Stewards Office!
Sponsor A Plane
Be part of history and sponsor one of our historic aircraft. You will help us care for our aeroplanes and ensure a legacy for future generations. There are a variety of ways to sponsor our aircraft, you can see full details and purchase options online here.
Dedicate a Memorial Brick
In our T2 Canadian Memorial Hangar, we have Memorial Walls lining two sides of the Hangar. For £25, you can purchase a brick and have it inscribed with your own name or dedicated to a loved one.
Download our Form To Dedicate a Brick
Book of Remembrance
Inscriptions for the Book of Remembrance are a poignant way of remembering somebody. Our Book of Remembrance is kept in our Station Chapel which is open to the public.
Leave A Gift In Your Will for the Yorkshire Air Museum
A legacy enables you to allocate a sum of money or a gift in your will to be given to a worthy cause. It is an important source of income for charities and in many cases has tax advantages. If you would like to learn more about leaving a legacy to the Yorkshire Air Museum (Registered Charity No. 516766) please contact the Yorkshire Air Museum office on 01904 608595 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Help
Become a member
Hundreds of people from all over the world support The Allied Air Forces Memorial and The Yorkshire Air Museum as members. Annual membership fees are £15 for UK residents and £25 for International membership requests. In return each supporter receives free annual admission to the museum plus the regular full colour museum newsletter containing articles, photographs and fascinating information about developments at the Museum and related topics.
For information on how to become a member of the Allied Air Forces Memorial and Yorkshire Air Museum, please contact email@example.com .
Volunteering With Us
The Museum operates thanks to its dedicated employees and with the help of more than 130 volunteers who give their time and enthusiasm within 9 departments, from the Fire and Rescue Service to the Grounds Maintenance and Gardening teams, from the Aircraft Engineering to the Collections Departments. Without these volunteers, the Museum would not be able to provide such an enjoyable experience for its visitors.